Return to Chapter Home Page

 United Faculty of Palm Beach State College


There are two types of grievances at Palm Beach State: contractual grievances and non-contractual grievances. Contractual grievances may be filed if a faculty member, or the Union, believes Articles or Sections of the contract have been violated. The steps for filing contractual grievances are outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (Article XXVIII, Section A).

Any bargaining unit member may file a contractual grievance, but only UFF members are entitled to union representation.

If you believe the College has not lived up to its part of the contract, you should to contact the grievance representative or union leadership on your campus. They will discuss the merits of your case with you, and advise you as to whether or not they believe it is strong enough to prevail in a grievance. If the Union feels the college has violated the contract, it will vigorously defend the contract, but expects you to actively participate in that defense.

Non-contractual grievances are those that fall outside of the negotiated contract. College policies and procedures should be consulted and followed for filing non-contractual grievances.

Time limits setforth in the contract or policy must be strictly observed. If you suspect your contractual rights have been violated, please immediately notify a grievance representative or email the Executive Board.

Grievance Committee Chairperson: Tina Collins Ph. (561) 868-3448

Download the Grievance Form.

©2009 United Faculty of Florida